AD15 won't turn on

Intel® Core™ i5-12450H Processor 12M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz
pausenklaus

AD15 won't turn on

Post by pausenklaus »

I just received my AD15 but i am not able to turn it on.

The power brick (which could be smaller) is showing a green light and when connected the AD15s power button is glowing white. The Power Draw hovers between 0 and 1.5W.
I tried waiting and reconnecting etc. but the device just won't turn on.
Obsessed with MiniPCs
----------------------My Devices--------------------------------
AM07 (Main server) | GK3 (Backup Host) | S1 (Remote PC) | AK1Plus (dev) | AM06Pro (Workstation)
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: AD15 won't turn on

Post by Gabe »

I'd at the very least contact the seller, then maybe even barry777 at barry@minipcunion.com.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
pausenklaus

Post by pausenklaus »

I'm already in contact with the seller. The first response was to reseat the RAM but that unfortunately did not work.
I thought there might be someone here who already solved this problem :D
Obsessed with MiniPCs
AM07 (Main server) | GK3 (Backup Host) | S1 (Remote PC) | AK1Plus (dev) | AM06Pro (Workstation)
atepej

Post by atepej »

I think you have bad PSU.
barry777

Post by barry777 »

pausenklaus wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:36 am I'm already in contact with the seller. The first response was to reseat the RAM but that unfortunately did not work.
I thought there might be someone here who already solved this problem :D
Unplug other connections, press the RESET button on the fuselage for 7~10 seconds with a card pin, and then try to turn on the power again.
pausenklaus

Post by pausenklaus »

Thanks for the support.
Do i need to press it with everything disconnected or do i connect only the power supply and press the button?

*edit* @barry, i e-mailed you a video showing the problems i'm facing.

*update*
When the device is 'powered on' i can get power from the front USB-C port. It kinda feels like i can't press the real power/bootup button somehow.

*update2*
I now tested booting without the ssd, with a different ssd and without either and both of the RAM sticks. The result is always the same.
I still never heard any fan or other sound from the device :(
Hope someone can point me in the right direction or maybe it is just a defective unit
Obsessed with MiniPCs
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

pausenklaus wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:38 pm Thanks for the support.
Do i need to press it with everything disconnected or do i connect only the power supply and press the button?
I know you asked barry777 this question, but it should be with all things disconnected from the unit, including the power supply. Nothing should be connected to it at the time of the attempted reset.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
atepej

Post by atepej »

pausenklaus in the back of device is tiny hole, there you can reset bios with pin clip.
pausenklaus

Post by pausenklaus »

Gabe wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:45 pm
pausenklaus wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:38 pm Thanks for the support.
I know you asked barry777 this question, but it should be with all things disconnected from the unit, including the power supply. Nothing should be connected to it at the time of the attempted reset.
I tried that but it seems.like my unit is just defective. the seller will replace it for me
Obsessed with MiniPCs
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

pausenklaus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:35 am I tried that but it seems.like my unit is just defective. the seller will replace it for me
It's unfortunate that it didn't work, but good news that the seller will replace the unit. 👍

Return to “i5-12450H & i7 11800H(AD15)”