Intel 3165 WiFi Chip on GK1 Mini PC Not Detected in Ubuntu 18 or 20

Quick Fix.
souptacular

Intel 3165 WiFi Chip on GK1 Mini PC Not Detected in Ubuntu 18 or 20

Post by souptacular »

Hello,

I have been trying to install Ubuntu on my ACEPC GK1. Ubuntu v 18 LTS and 20 LTS both do not properly detect the motherboard wifi card. After a BIOs reset it also does not detect any external USB wifi dongles. The Wi-Fi works for Windows 10. I have tried downloading the Intel 3165 Wi-Fi drivers for Linux from the Intel website, but that has not worked. Do I need to update my BIOS?

Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Intel 3165 WiFi Chip on GK1 Mini PC Not Detected in Ubuntu 18 or 20

Post by admin »

There is no GK1 wireless network card driver for Ubuntu under 18 and 20. You need to download a wireless network card driver.Generally, if it is not a problem caused by the BIOS, even flashing the BIOS is useless.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.
souptacular

Post by souptacular »

Where do I find the WiFi Linux drivers to download and how do I install them?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

GK1 cannot find the WIFI module after installing ubuntu. This is a problem. We have also found this problem in our test, and updating the BIOS will not solve this problem. Need to do drive shift value, need to ask someone to do it outside, this problem has nothing to do with BIOS. The problem persists after updating the BIOS.
Thanks for joining the forum fans, we will become friends here. Any suggestions about the forum I am open to hearing.

Return to “Troubleshooting”