Updated BIOS for Firebat AK2 plus?

Intel® Processor N100 6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz
eternitytrance

Updated BIOS for Firebat AK2 plus?

Post by eternitytrance »

Hello. I recently bought the AK2 Plus mini PC and I would like to know where I can see what is the latest version of BIOS that that device comes with. I don't see any official support page so I deduce that all the hardware is generic and there is no official brand as such, just a trade name. Even so, I would appreciate it if someone could clarify how to download the BIOS file for that device, whether to flash/update or simply have it as a backup in case something happens.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Updated BIOS for Firebat AK2 plus?

Post by Gabe »

Unfortunately, Firebat is not a brand that the company behind this forum supports. Though ACEMAGIC does have sister brands, Firebat isn't one of them.

That's not to say that your AK2 Plus isn't made by the same overall corporation, and possibly even in the same actual factory that makes the same units under ACEMAGIC and its sister brands, but only that they can't provide support for it here.

I'd reach out to the seller to see if you can get support through them. I will say though, and this is from experience with trying to help another person who was having a problem with a Firebat branded unit, if you bought it through AliExpress you might have a harder time getting support, though it would still be worth a try.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member
eternitytrance

Post by eternitytrance »

Hello. Thanks for your reply. The truth is that I am very confused about all these products that only sell the products under a commercial name Firebat/Kamarui/Nipogi... and there is no specific brand or support. When I saw the "Intel® Processor N100" section I thought that all the models that have that processor would be included here since it is integrated into the same hardware/motherboard, the motherboard is not specified with any program) I have looked at the post you answered to the user but I couldn't find a way to contact support. I completely rule out contacting Aliexpress since they are not the direct seller but rather an intermediary and they will always make you go around and around without giving you a definitive solution. Since all these models seem to come from the same manufacturer, be it ACEMAGIC or any other (I no longer know what the origin of the manufacturer is) I am wondering that perhaps the drivers/bios of the sister products Kamarui/Nipogi etc... would not be compatible with mine? Which I can't find support of course either. So I'm pretty confused and I don't even know where to start. I would appreciate any recommendations. And I'm sorry if this post doesn't fit in this section, could you move it to the appropriate section? I just want to receive help from the most expert people on the subject.
Gabe
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Gabe »

Support only provides a BIOS on a need by need basis, and only for units this particular company sells/supports. They verify the issue and whether a BIOS flash will solve the problem. They don't list or provide BIOS updates like more mainstream manufactures, and only do so when something needs to be fixed.

But again, because Firebat is not a brand this particular company sells or deals with, you won't be able to find support from them. Even if a BIOS for a brand and model they do support was exactly the same as the BIOS in your particular model, they still will not be able to provide it to you.

Again, the only thing I can recommend is reaching out to the seller, or even the intermediary if they can reach out to the seller for you.
W8 Pro • GK1 • AK3 • AM02 • T6 Pro • AMR5 • GK3 Pro • AD03 • AM06 Pro • T8 Pro • S1 • T8 Plus • CK10
I have no connection to ACEMAGIC other than being a customer and long time forum member

Return to “Intel® Processor N100(AK2 PLUS)”